Amelia Earhart was a childhood hero of mine. Of course by childhood, I refer to a period of time that stretched well into my early twenties...but I'm growing up now.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

If that's the Happiness Hotel, I'd hate to see what the sad one looks like.

A bit from the Muppet Caper Movie (1981).

Kermit: We were wondering if you could recommend a nice hotel. Actually, a cheap hotel.
British Gentleman: How cheap?
Fozzie: Free.
British Gentleman: That narrows the field a bit.
[reading from his guide]
British Gentleman: "Places where you can park your carcasses." Bus terminals, the river banks, the Happiness Hotel...
Kermit: The Happiness Hotel? That sounds great.
Gonzo: What's wrong with bus terminals?


My parents are going to be visiting the great city of LA (and me) at the end of this month. Well, that is they are coming to LA to wisk me away to...Palm Springs. Should be fun. I'll pretend I'm a movie star...in 1940. Anyway the above quote is in reference to the conversation I had with them when they were trying to figure out where they would be staying. i.e. I offered up my apartment as the "Happiness Hotel" option. (It is after all free.) And that is why we are going to Palm Springs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|