Amelia Earhart was a childhood hero of mine. Of course by childhood, I refer to a period of time that stretched well into my early twenties...but I'm growing up now.

Tuesday, May 04, 2004

You're a PHONY! Yes, and you know what, you can't even sing. You were dubbed.

Because I stumbled upon a quote site while looking up information about The Great Muppet Caper (1981), you get to read more:

[Kermit is sitting on a bench - a man and his daughter walk by]
Girl: Look, father. A bear.
Father: No, dear. That's a frog. Bears wear hats.


Pops: How do you guys intend to pay? A) credit card. B) cash. C) sneak out in the middle of the night.
Fozzie: We'll take C.
Pops: Very popular choice.


[In a hot-air balloon]
Gonzo: I wonder what it would be like to do this without a balloon.
Kermit: Do what? Plummet to the ground?
Gonzo: Yeah.
Kermit: Well... I guess you could do it once.


Miss Piggy: [about Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem's playing] They don't have to play this loud.
Kermit: That's okay, they don't mind.


Air Steward: All out for England.
Kermit: Great the plane is landing.
Air Steward: [opens cargo door in mid-flight] No, the plane lands in Italy. You land in England.


Prison Guard: Miss Piggy.
Miss Piggy: What?
Prison Guard: Your lawyer is here.
Miss Piggy: Lawyer? I don't have a lawyer.
Prison Guard: Sure you do. Little green guy.
Miss Piggy: [short intake of breath] Kermie. Oh. No wonder he hasn't come by to see me. He had to finish law school.


Kermit: What's wrong with the drummer? He looks a little crazed.
Zoot: Oh, he's just upset about missing the Monet exhibit at the National Gallery.
Animal: RENOIR. RENOIR.


Sorry, I was trying to use just one quote and connect it to something I wanted to write, but instead...oh, I'm not going to justify myself. Roll the credits.

Fozzy: Wow, a lot of people worked on this movie...

Fozzy: [about the credits] Nobody reads those things anyways, do they?
Kermit: Sure... they all have families.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|