Amelia Earhart was a childhood hero of mine. Of course by childhood, I refer to a period of time that stretched well into my early twenties...but I'm growing up now.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The News Today Is Brought to You by Sonic

Okay, I know I do this a lot, but since I’ve recently decided to start updating more frequently, and since I didn’t have enough material for a full post…here is a hedgehog. Er, hogshead. No, hodgepodge.

This morning my roommate made coffee, and I wanted to take a cup with me for my commute. However I realized that all my travel mugs were either in need of washing or in my truck, and I was running short on time. So, I came up with what seemed like a brilliant solution, at least in my rushed state of mind. I grabbed a pint glass and filled it ¾ of the way, figuring that this way the coffee wouldn’t slosh out and that the glass should be the right dimensions for the cup holder. As I walked out to my truck parked out on the street, with numerous cars whizzing by, I made an observation that I would have made much sooner if the coffee was already in my system. It was this: coffee in a pint glass looks far more like beer than I am comfortable with, especially considering that I was carrying it in an open container to a vehicle that intended to drive…at 7:45 in the morning.



The organization of my netflix queue probably says probably more than I’d like it to about my personality. Recently the order was such that I ended up exchanging Care Bears: Adventures in Care-a-Lot for Full Metal Jacket.



Regular readers of this blog may recall that despite my youthful exterior, lately I seem to have been visited rather regularly by the geriatric fairy. You know, the one who drops in on the unexpecting during their forty winks and sprinkles them with a special fairy dust that ages random portions of their personalities by forty years. I have recently discovered affinities for Murder She Wrote, Consumer Reports and talking openly about how I don’t understand what the kids today are wearing. Yet, I really wasn’t worried about it until last Friday night, driving home from work, I realized that the fogy dust is permeating my taste in music.

Normally, I will check in on KOST in my station-scanning routine, just to see if they have some old Amy Grant or The Police playing – and currently, to hear that new Nick Lachey song that I have an unhealthy fascination with. Still on the whole I am not, or at least was not, a fan of “easy listening” music, and am a diligent enough channel changer to switch stations song by song, determined to always be listening to something I like among my 14 presets. But Friday, my changing finger stayed dormant for an entire “soft rock with less talk” set. And here was the line-up:

1. Huey Lewis and the News – Stuck with You
2. Elton John – Rocket Man
3. Natasha Bedingfield – Unwritten
4. Diana Ross – Upside Down
5. Barry Manilow – Can’t Smile Without You
6. Wilson Phillips – Release Me

And I didn't even think about changing the station. I was spending my Friday night KOSTing!! Eeek!! Somebody please stop me before I spend next Friday night standing outside a club with an armload of sweaters begging girls to put one on.



Please note that Sonic the Hedgehog's sponsorship of this blog post has not be officially authorized by Sega or any entity of Sega. I wouldn't have authorized it either, but he threatened to repeatedly run over my fingers if if I didn't cooperate.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo! ;)
wow... what crazy comments!
what do you suppose about it?

2:12 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|