Amelia Earhart was a childhood hero of mine. Of course by childhood, I refer to a period of time that stretched well into my early twenties...but I'm growing up now.

Monday, May 10, 2004

'Cause It's a No-Go Showboat

Four wheels,
One edible.
Two headlights,
Waning in the daylight.
One truck, left.
One car, right.
One curb, front.
6 feet of cable,
Ready to jump,
But can't reach.
Waiting for the Street Sweeper
To sweep it all away.


Poor, dear sweet Patrick...

Patrick (named after Patrick Star of Spongebob fame - appropriate because Patrick the car is decorated with quite a bit of Spongebob merchandise) is my car, and he's very sick right now. He's actually stranded on Ellendale, because I left his lights on while I was at church yesterday, and he needs a jump. But, since he is on Ellendale, that means he is nose-in between two cars that didn't move yesterday, and so my friend Marissa who so kindly tried to help me jump him couldn't get her car close enough to do so. I'm praying that this evening will find him a bit less trapped, since he's on the Tuesday side of the street for cleaning. He also suffered a flat recently and is hobbling along on a donut spare. He needs to go home and get some rest, until I can afford to fix him. *sigh* Bye, bye private transportation.

Egad, I'm sound pathetic. Poor me, poor me. Sheesh.

Prize goes to anyone who knows where my title comes from (no fair typing it into a search engine! :) ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|