Amelia Earhart was a childhood hero of mine. Of course by childhood, I refer to a period of time that stretched well into my early twenties...but I'm growing up now.

Monday, October 25, 2004

3-D Vision

As I was driving to work this morning, I noticed that street signs looked strange – kind of swimmy, with that “Magic Eye” effect going on. Well, obviously, my first thought is that I must have glaucoma or am developing a cataract or some other such horrendous eye condition. Turns out, that’s not the case. At some point between putting in my contacts and leaving the house this morning, I lost my right contact. And no glasses “in sight” (they were only a five minute drive back to my apartment, but I was pressed for time and the result would be a ten minute detour). So, all day I’ve been at bit off, because my depth perception is hazy and 2-D looks like 3-D. I never really stopped to think about what the world would look like without one contact, but I if I had I think I would have assumed that it would look closer to the way does with no contacts or glasses: very fuzzy and illegible. Actually it looks closer to normal, corrected vision, but in an alternate dimension. Spooky. I’m just glad I didn’t have my colored contacts this morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|